The Mid Penn Plunge provides an opportunity for competition for swimmers from all Mid Penn Conference High Schools that do not participate in the Mid Penn Swimming Championships. This meet has been recognized as district qualifying competition.
Friday, February 17th (6:00 PM) & Saturday, February 18th (11:00 AM)
We are pleased to invite you to the TWO-DAY Mid Penn Plunge. The Plunge provides a competition opportunity for swimmers from all Mid Penn Conference High Schools (“swim schools”) who do not participate in the Mid Penn Championship Swimming Meet (athletes may dive at Mid Penns and swim at the Plunge) and from area non-swim schools.
Friday (All vehicles must arrive at Northern High School after 3:00 PM)
- 3:30 PM to 5:35 PM: Five 25-minute warm-up periods (time/lane assignments will be established after entries are submitted, based on school entry count). There will also be additional warm-up/cool down periods during the meet.
- Final Friday Scratches and Meet Program: In lieu of a Coaches Scratch Meeting, we will be conducting final on deck scratching during the warm up period. Upon arrival, coaches will be provided a report with their entries. All final scratches should be marked on the report and presented to the Officials Table no later than 5:00 PM. Once all final scratches for Friday are received, the seeding will be completed and the final Friday Meet Program will be printed and posted on Meet Mobile.
- 5:35 PM to 5:50 PM: Time for additional sprints from the blocks.
- 6:00 PM: Meet begins (200 Medley Relay, 200 Free, 200 IM, 50 Free, 100 Fly)
- 8:30 AM to 10:35 AM: Five 25-minute warm-up periods (time/lane assignments will be established after entries are submitted, based on school entry count). There will also be additional warm-up/cool down periods during the meet.
- Final Saturday Scratches and Meet Program: In lieu of a Scratch Meeting, we will be conducting final on deck scratching during warm up period. Upon arrival, coaches will be provided a report with their entries. All final scratches should be marked on the report and presented to the Officials Table no later than 10:00 AM. Once all final scratches for Saturday are received, the seeding will be completed and the final Saturday Meet Program will be printed and posted on Meet Mobile.
- 10:35 AM to 10:50 AM: Time for additional sprints from the blocks.
- 11:00 AM: Meet begins (200 Free Relay, 100 Free, 500 Free, 100 Back, 100 Breast, 400 Free Relay)
WINTER WEATHER PLAN
If, due to winter weather, the Friday portion of the Mid Penn Plunge is canceled, the plan is to conduct all of the events on Saturday, as in the past. If both Friday and Saturday sessions are canceled, there is no snow make-up plan.
Bill Resser, Assistant Swimming Coach, Northern High School
Northern High School Swimming Pool is at 653 South Baltimore Street, Dillsburg, Pennsylvania. Please plan to use the Gym/Auditorium entrance on the right side of the complex.
All vehicles must arrive at Northern High School after 3:00 PM on Friday.
The pool has 6 lanes with NEW Paragon Wedge Block Tops, Colorado Timing System Gen7 Automatic Timing System with a Full Color Digital Display and Meet Manager 8.0 Software.
ADMISSIONS, PROGRAMS, & MEET MOBILE
ADMISSION FEE -- Spectator admission to the meet is $5.00 for adults and $3.00 for students which includes a printed Meet Program (heat sheet). Coaches and swimmers are admitted for free and will receive a free Meet Program for each coach and some for swimmers. Final meet entries and results will be posted to Meet Mobile.
FOOD & DRINK -- Northern will have food available for purchase in our concession stand (cash only). Please do NOT bring any food or drink (other than water or Gatorade). Our Booster Club plans to provide food for coaches during both sessions. into the pool area.
ATTIRE -- When a swimmer is outside the pool area in the hallways, lobby, or gym, they must wear something on the top of their body and shoes on their feet.
TEAM AREAS -- The Main Gym adjacent to the pool will be used as team area for swimmers during the meet.
Please follow the following rules to protect the newly refinished gym floor:
- If anyone from your team is going to use a chair of any kind on the gym floor, please bring a blanket/towel to put under the chairs in order to protect Northern’s refinished gym floor.
- Please use the bleachers as much as possible for your athletes and team area.
- If swimmers end up using the gym floor, please ask them to NOT put any wet towels or wet suits directly on the floor as it could damage the new wax finish.
It is the responsibility of each swimmer to insure they are behind the blocks for the start of their heat. There will not be a seeding process area, however, Northern plans to broadcast the meet via our YouTube livestream in the Main Gym throughout the meet. There will be limited lockers available in the swimming pool locker rooms, so swimmers should plan accordingly.
ORDER OF EVENTS
Matches Mid Penn Championships, Districts, and States event order
Friday Evening -- 6:00 PM
- 200 Medley Relay (Girls #1, Boys #2)
- 200 Yard Freestyle (Girls #3, Boys #4)
- Awards and Warm-up/Cool down Break
- 200 Yard Individual Medley (Girls #5, Boys #6)
- 50 Yard Freestyle (Girls #7, Boys #8)
- 100 Yard Butterfly (Girls #9, Boys #10)
- Awards and Cool down
Saturday -- 11:00 AM
- 200 Yard Freestyle Relay (Girls #11, Boys #12)
- 100 Yard Freestyle (Girls #13, Boys #14)
- 500 Yard Freestyle (Girls #15, Boys #16)
- Awards and Warm-up/Cool down Break
- 100 Yard Backstroke (Girls #17, Boys #18)
- 100 Yard Breaststroke (Girls #19, Boys #20)
- Awards and Warm-up/Cool down Break
- 400 Freestyle Relay (Girls #21, Boys #22)
- Final Awards and Cool Down
The Mid Penn Plunge will be livestreamed on the Northern Swimming and Diving YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/@northernswimmingdiving.
Mid Penn Plunge medals will be awarded to the top six finishers in each individual event and relays.
The results of the meet will be posted on the Mid Penn Swimming web site at www.midpennswimchamp.info following the conclusion of the meet.
All participating schools will be entitled to unlimited individual and relay entries. Each individual swimmer is permitted to enter a maximum events in accordance with the NFHS Rules, as modified by the PIAA. A Mid Penn swimmer may swim in either the Mid Penn Championships or the Mid Penn Plunge, but not both. An athlete may dive at the Mid Penn Diving Championships and swim in the Mid Penn Plunge, provided that athlete abides by the event limitations across both meets.
Times achieved in the Mid Penn Plunge meet will be official PIAA times for District entry purposes.
There is an entry fee of $6 per swimmer per individual event and $12 per relay team, with a maximum entry fee per high school of $400.00. Entry fee checks would be appreciated at the meet, however if your entries change at the last minute, please try to have your entry fee check arrive by FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 24th. Checks should be made payable to “NHS Swimming Boosters” and mailed to: Paul Mansell, 1615 County Line Road, York Springs, PA 17372-9005.
All National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) Swimming and Diving rules apply as modified by the PIAA. Certified PIAA officials will conduct the meet.